Although I don’t necessarily use January 1st each year as an excuse to create new habits (this can be done any old day), I still enjoy sitting down and putting together a small and basic blueprint for how I would like my year to go. I like to do this with my partner, however I will just share some of my personal pursuits for this year.
2014 was a monstrous success in so many ways that I am going to try to challenge myself even more for 2015, and aim for higher self mastery with the following:
- Not consuming any packaged and processed food
- No fast food of any kind
- Maintaining 10% Body Fat
- Consistently using cardio in various forms (x1-2 sessions per week)
- No purchasing of any new items/clothing unless it is 100% necessary
- Using a push bike as means for travel (Totally car-less)
- Maintain a 30% Savings Rate whilst studying
- Purchase 1 Ethical ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) for 3 year investment
- Maintain a Distinction average for my first year of University
- Complete at least 1 30 minute Meditation per week
- Publish x2 blog posts per month
So there is a snap-shot at the types of things I am aiming to achieve this year. There is a lot of things happening around my relationship this year that will also be exciting and new, but I won’t go into that here.
There are also a lot of established habits that are already in full flight that do not need to be listed, such as training and reading everyday. Waking up early, journaling etc.
It is also important to remember that the goals you set must be related your personal values. You also need to have patience and persistence in order to achieve them. If you fail, don’t stress. Just keep going.
So lets cheers to a huge 2015!
What goals would you like to achieve this year? Have you given it any thought?